Thursday 1 September 2011

Dragon Flies

I love everything about nature, and when I saw this dragonfly today I was reminded why. The complexity masked by simplicity, the beauty, the colour and the perfection of form found in nature are inspiring.

It was initially the colour of this bug that drew my eye to it. I am sad that the picture could not adequately portray the iridescent red this guy (or gal) was. His wings so powerful that they can reach speeds of 60 km/h, yes so delicate that the slightest amount of pressure is damaging to them. Then, thinking that dragonflies have been on the Earth for over 200 million years, I was reminded that life is designed to survive. It is designed to adapt to change and to persist despite adversity. (I think that is a thought to consider in my own life when times get tough.)

It is when I surround myself with nature, and consider it's beauty and wonder, that I am reminded of the love of God. We know that God, our Heavenly Father, created this Earth for us. He knew that we would need a place to learn, to grow and to be inspired. I am then reminded how important it is to honour and respect God by honouring and respecting His creations. I hope that I can always be mindful of this important truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment