Saturday 3 September 2011

Filled With Faith

This is my friend Ashley and I. She is one of the most courageous and faith filled people that I know. And I love her so much!! She knows what is right and has now shown her Heavenly Father by her actions that she chooses to follow Him.

Tonight she was baptized. She covenanted with her Heavenly Father to keep his commandments, to remember the sacrifice that Jesus Christ has made for her, and to take the Savior's name as her own. At baptism we promise to consecrate her life to building up God's kingdom on this Earth, to help and support other people, and to always go about doing good.

I was reminded of my own baptism 7 years ago. I am so glad to have made the decision to join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a decision that for most of my life I never thought would be the one I would make; nevertheless it has helped me to learn, to grow and to be a better me. I know that as I continue, like Ashley, to be courageous and faithful that my life no matter how many challenges I face will be more rich and filled with loved.

I love you Ashley!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Jen! Thank you so much, you are such a source of strength for me! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete