Tuesday 6 September 2011

Chief Mountain

My parents built their house so that from the front windows Chief Mountain can be seen. It is probably the most well known mountain in our area, as it is the most unique looking. For the Blackfoot people in Southern Alberta and Northern Montana it is sacred. For me, it has always been a constant. I can always count on it to stand tall and solid even when, at times, the world around me seems to be crumbling.

Today I have been thinking about constants, those things that I can count on. I know that I can count on the love of my family. I know I can count on the love of my Heavenly Father. I know I can count on second chances because of my Savior Jesus Christ. And, third and fourth and fifth for that matter. I know I can count on each day ending, allowing the beauty of a new and fresh start on the next. I know I can count on a ride on the back of a horse to make me feel free and invincible. I know I can count on hearing a baby laugh and feeling in that moment as if life couldn't get any better. And, this list goes on...

So, now when I lose sight of who I am and what is the most important to me, I know that I can look at Chief Mountain and remind myself of these constants, and have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment