Tuesday 13 September 2011

Tennis!!!!

It is a well known fact that sports are not my forte. I do not run, it is so joint jarring. I can't shoot a basketball. Even as a teacher, kids on the playground would want to stand behind me because they could easily get me out. Skating, well let's just say that I only know how to stop by running into the boards. I recently learned that I do not stink at catch as much as I thought, but that doesn't really count because the ball was being thrown directly at me. However, playing the actual game of softball is just embarrassing! And, I could go on and on. I do however, swim like a fish, well maybe not like a fish, but you get the picture, and I LOVE to play tennis!

Just because I love to play it doesn't mean that I am an expert by any measure, but at least I can hit the ball over the net. Tonight was a beautiful night to play. It was cool outside, but not cold. And, there wasn't a breath of wind. Fall is coming and that means that in the city some of the tennis courts are already beginning to be dismantled, nets and fences alike. Fortunately, this is not the case with all the courts.

I was certainly grateful tonight for a tennis partner who was patiently helping me to work on improving my skills. And for one who doesn't play down to my level, but who challenges me to play to his level, thereby learning and strengthening my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment