Wednesday 7 September 2011

Teaching

I am a teacher! And, there are few things in my life that when I think about them make me happier. I love sharing my joy for learning and my passion for science with young people. I love building relationships with students and helping them to find success.

I am not teaching full time this year, but will be substitute teaching. Today I was so excited to be asked to fill in the grade 6 teacher at one of my old schools. What a great day we had, writing stories, investigating patterns in math, studying forest ecosystems in science, playing soccer, and discussing the global impact of 9/11.

I had mixed feelings leaving the school today. I know that it is the best choice for me to sub this year, but as I walked through the halls of the school today that old familiar excitement and yearning feeling returned in full force. Teaching full time is not a smart plan for me, by going back I run the risk of jeopardizing a future career in education. It is a long story to explain exactly how this is true, but needless to say, I have to be satisfied with substitute teaching at the moment.

Have you ever loved something so much, but couldn't figure out how to make it fit in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment