Thursday 8 September 2011

You Will Listen To Heather!!

This is my Heather!!! She is shown here, reasoning with a bearded dragon named Phoenix. Phoenix is a finicky eater and perhaps suffers from anorexia. The official diagnosis is yet to be determined, but it could also be a food allergy of some sort, that is, if reptiles even get food allergies. (Actually I made up that bit about the food allergy.) This is Heather's attempt to feed Phoenix a meal worm. You can tell by the look on Heather's face that things are not going well...and you can tell by the look on Phoenix's face that she doesn't really care! Heather was determined to feed Phoenix, while Phoenix was determined not to eat. In the end, one of these stubborn creatures had to win out. I am glad to report that Heather was the victor in this battle of agility, wits and ultimately gentle persuasion.

Heather is getting married in May. I am so excited for her and honoured to be one of her bride's maids. I know that she is going to be a fabulous wife to her husband, who will cherish, help and respect him. I know that she is going to be an amazing mother, and if the patience showed to this bearded dragon says anything about the way she will raise her future children, which for the record I think it does, they are going to be so blessed, as I have been, to have her in their lives. I LOVE you Heather!

Status Report: I just spoke with Heather and the diagnosis is in, no food allergies or anorexia, it is likely to have been a food preference problem after all...Phoenix loves to eat crickets! Chirp!!! I mean Crunch!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment