Friday 9 September 2011

Connections

I cannot take credit for taking this photo, but viewed it on a website that I like called inspiration feed. As soon as I saw it, I knew that I needed to write about it.

One of the reasons that I love traveling is that when I visit other places, people and cultures, I feel connected to my human family. We are all children of a loving God and as such we are connected to each other by that love. I know that it is our responsibility to remember that connection when we deal with the people that we encounter every day. We have so much to teach each other.

I like this picture because it reminds me that an exchange of anything, whether it be information, ideas, goods or services, with someone else can have an even farther reaching impact that we could imagine. The truth is that the small choices that I make in Canada do affect others. I think because we often do not see the effect that we are quick to disregard the global consequences of our local actions.

In a world that is focused on just those things that are quick, easy and right in front of us, I worry that people are missing out on one of the great joys of life, learning from others. A narrow perspective leads to a narrow view on life. I know that as we are anxiously engaged in learning about and from the rest of the world that our character is change for the better and that tolerance, love and mutual respect increase.

Hope that didn't sound like too much of a soap box issue!


No comments:

Post a Comment