Saturday 20 August 2011

World Championship Miniature Chuckwagon Races

Chuckwagon racing is pretty famous in Alberta. It is exciting to watch the horses race around the barrels, hooves pounding and the ground shaking. But, when those horses are under 3 feet tall it is SO funny as well. Miniature horses are quite cantankerous and have hot tempers. They are very competitive as well, which means that watching them race is very entertainment. My favourite part of watching the races is seeing the drivers, most of them big tall men sitting in tiny wagons with their knees bent up around their ears...well not quite ears, but they look funny to say the least. Unfortunately this year I didn't get to see the races. My mum and I sold tickets at the gates and then Kinsey, Eden and I went for a tour of the Remington Carriage Museum. I worked at the museum for four summers and it was fun to be tour guide again.

No comments:

Post a Comment