Wednesday 24 August 2011

I'm a Fungi!

A mushroom walks into a bar, and he sits down. The bartender looks at him and says, "I am sorry, we don't serve your kind here!" The mushroom replies, "Why not? I'm a fungi."

This joke is one of my brother's favourite jokes to tell. I was reminded of it when I saw this mushroom growing in my mum's yard. It is just about the size of an football. I love silly jokes, but it seems that whenever I tell a joke, that I mess up the punch line. This means I rarely tell them to people, but I love hearing them.

I will leave this post with another really silly sciency joke I heard from an amazingly great guy last week...

Why did the algae and the fungus get married?
They took a lichen to each other!

Get it? A lichen is a simple plant consisting of a fungus growing symbiotically with algae. Yes, I know I am a nerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment